RMRK is the most advanced protocol in the world, a protocol of NFT legos making possible such things as:
- NFTs owning other NFTs and equipping other NFTs visually
- NFTs reacting to emotes
- NFTs with multiple outputs
- NFTs turned into DAOs
- On-chain NFT reactions (emotes)
When put together, these legos compose intricate systems like RMRK’s flagship product: Kanaria.
RMRK is running on the Kusama network, a hub for connecting other chains called “parachains”. By running on Kusama, the RMRK protocol is multi-chain by default. Since Kusama has no smart contracts, RMRK is using the colored coins approach from Bitcoin’s old days to represent NFTs, but is in the process of migrating to smart contract and runtime-level Rust logic. This is where you come in - help us improve the protocol, the tools around it, and the products on top of it.
To learn more about RMRK and Kanaria, please watch the following resources:
Don’t forget to check the Resources tab!
Each category below will contain a description and some ideas on what to build. The ideas are meant to be inspiration, not specific targets, but given that these ideas are in high demand, they are indeed more likely to win if built well.
This list might be expanded during the hackathon to include more inspiration.
Please note, as per rules, if there are no qualifying entries according to subjective opinion of the RMRK team, we reserve the right to not pay out a prize. This prevents category camping.
DATA CRUNCHER (OPEN SPONSOR)
This category focuses on data, number crunching. Recognize and visualize trends and patterns, spot outliers, build inspection tools. Help collectors scour the world of RMRK with advanced filters.
- A rarity.tools-like web app focused on bird and item rarity, possibly later extending to other RMRK 2.0 NFTs.
- A detailed sales, transfers, and volume dashboard, showing in detail and in aggregate all trades across RMRK 1 and RMRK 2.
- A RMRK explorer, full blockchain-explorer focusing on RMRK 1 and 2 NFTs.
- A data importer: a tool that can rapidly seed a relational database with all RMRK information from an existing preconsolidated dump of remarks.
TOOLS AND APPS
Thanks to sponsor Phala Network for co-sponsoring this category with us for $5000 ♥
Applications and middleware that leverage RMRK as either a back-end for some permissioning, or interact with RMRK in a way not possible (or not easy) with the official tools.
- A collab.land-like tool that allows access only to discord channels or telegram rooms only if a person has a certain NFT in their wallet.
- Time- and condition-locked NFTs. Hard to do without smart contracts, but let’s see. Details by Joshua Crisp here.
- Gravatar for RMRK. A service which allows users to cryptographically set an NFT they own to an email and/or substrate address, and a simple API to load this information from, preferably with a decentralized fallback of some sort.
- Frame for RMRK (the NFT-Portfolio-on-Twitter-load side, not the Signer+Ledger implementation). ENS supports KSM addresses already, so just reuse people’s .eth names to read KSM data.
- An application for claiming POAs inspired by POAP from Ethereum. This would need a watcher daemon server-side which monitors for form entries, compares the entry to a valid list of pre-generated QR links, and if valid, mints a POA into the account of the claimant from a hot wallet.
- A Twitter, Discord, and/or Telegram bot that reports RMRK1 and RMRK2 sales above a certain threshold (e.g. items above 5 KSM and birds above 10 KSM for example) in real time.
- Any parachain-level integration of RMRK's current toolset and parachain functionality. For example, the ability to mint an NFT based on some operation in a parachain's pallet, proof-of-concept app / daemon of issuing a RMRK NFT by issuing an XCM message to Kusama, a listener that reacts to certain pallet events and mints NFTs via a hot wallet it's connected to, etc.
RMRK REWRITE (OPEN SPONSOR)
RMRK’s goal is to eventually redeploy their logic as both smart contracts and Rust Substrate pallets for inclusion into parachains. Likewise, we’d like to see more adoption of our tools in other languages, diversify the codebase a little.
- RMRK spec as pallets - one of each: core pallet (with nesting and multi-resources), emotes pallet, equipping and base pallet.
- RMRK spec as Solidity contracts - one of each: core contract (extension of 721 with nesting and multi-resource returns), emotes contract, equipping and base contracts.
- RMRK consolidator in different languages - PHP, Java, Rust, etc. Bonus points for extreme speed and memory efficiency benchmarks vs original, so it can be run in extremely resource constrained environments.
- Spec extensions - add a new type of NFT in a general enough fashion to extend the spec without breaking what exists. Examples:
- Audio + SVG NFTs
- 3D NFT BASE entity
- Music BASE entity
- Public collections (mint into owned collection - permissioning, loss-of-keys, and anti-spam problems)
Thanks to sponsor PAKA for co-sponsoring this category with us for $5000 and a Kanaria bird from their stash for the 1st place winner ♥
Kanaria launched in September in full, and it’s the perfect time to build on top of it.
- Dressing room: a UI for birds to try out non-owned items, to see if they fit well aesthetically.
- Image exporter with framing and part selection. Basically a social-media optimized full-pic or parts exporter with cropping. Note that this is partially done - the SVGs have a pre-render API which you can ask us to use for this purpose. Contact the team if this seems interesting!
- Bird Arena: birds can fight each other, winner takes both, or just one survives (other is burned). Friendly mode can just use victory rankings, no death. Without smart contracts, this can be done with multi-sigs to stay safe.
- Item trading tool.
- Kanaria card game
- Kanaria Nests / Clans
In addition to monetary prize, winners in this category get a rare bird each (untouched, with items) for 1st place, an untouched Limited per person for 2nd place, and a naked (stripped of items) Limited Kanaria bird per person for third place.
FREE-FOR-ALL (OPEN SPONSOR)
Anything that doesn’t belong in the categories above. Examples:
- Funeral agency Kanaria
- Launchpad activity token, can be expanded into any reputation-token style application
- A very UX-optimized wallet component that allows users to send KSM and/or RMRK to their own and other addresses, taking into account the caveats around Statemine token transfers (implied teleport). Info here.
Please note that while it’s okay to launch your own RMRK 2.0 project during the hackathon, it’s probably not going to win - that’s not the point of the hackathon. The point is to build tools that enhance the experience of using RMRK for everyone.
Winning these categories wins you a non (immediately) financial prize. You get NFTs.
The work produced must be anything creative and/or non-technical.
- create a Kanaria wiki
- design an original sticker pack
- most engaging social media campaign to bring attention to Kanaria or Singular
- Kanaria comic book
- Kanaria concept art
- First place gets a random untouched Limited edition bird (with up to epic items)
- Second place gets a random untouched Limited Edition bird (with up to rare items)
- Third place gets a random untouched Limited edition bird (only common items or no items).
- create a Kanaria item based on these templates
- bonus points if it has an additional resource (example of multi-resource NFT which has one rendering output for the catalog, and another for the equpping). Think of secondary resources as “cover art” for an NFT, and alternative output.
First place winner gets their item minted in only 5 copies + number of team members. Each team member gets a copy, RMRK sells the others on the marketplace. Makers keep 5% secondary sale royalties forever.
Second place winner gets their item minted in only 50 copies + number of team members. Each team member gets a copy, RMRK sells the others on the marketplace. Makers keep 3% secondary sale royalties forever.
Third place winner gets their item minted in only 200 copies + number of team members. Each team member gets a copy, RMRK sells the others on the marketplace. Makers keep 2% secondary sale royalties forever.