We’re thrilled to announce the Interlay & interBTC Ambassador program! Come join us on our mission to bring trustless BTC liquidity to the Polkadot & Kusama ecosystems — and from there to all major DeFi platforms.
We’re a growing, vibrant community of codes, researchers and makers. Early Bitcoiners and DeFi natives.
With the second batch of Kusama crowdloans starting in September, we’re looking for early Polkadot & Kusama followers & spokespeople, DeFi natives and anyone who is passionate about changing the centralized status quo.
About Interlay & interBTC
At Interlay, we envision a future where blockchains seamlessly connect and interact: anyone can use any digital asset on any blockchain, trustless and without limitations.
Our flagship product is interBTC — Bitcoin on any blockchain. A 1:1 Bitcoin-backed asset, fully collateralized, interoperable, and censorship-resistant, realizing the true free nature of BTC and decentralized finance. Hosted on Polkadot & Kusama, interBTC will be available on all major DeFi platforms, incl. Ethereum and Cosmos.
We live decentralization and transparency. We’re 100% remote and all our code is open source. We’re not anonymous — we stand by our product. Our projects are community-owned and backed by top-tier scientific papers. Founded by ex-Imperial College PhDs, we collaborate with leading research labs and tech companies around the world.
Become an Ambassador
Who You Are
- Passionate about open source, DeFi, Bitcoin and Polkadot & Kusama
- Interested in networking with other people in the DeFi community
- Excited to help grow a fully decentralized ecosystem
- A team player, eager to learn and work with the Interlay team
- Excellent public speaker and active on social media
- Fluent in English. Additional languages, such as Chinese, Russian, or Spanish are a plus!
- Technical understanding of blockchains, Polkadot/Kusama and Bitcoin is a plus!
What You’ll Do
- Moderate our Discord and Telegram channels and engage with prompt and solid answers
- Promote: Help us spread the word about Interlay on social media, incl. Twitter, Reddit, Clubhouse etc.
- Educate: Help us create educational content — assist with blogs, infographics, translations and tutorials
- Organize meetups, AMAs and lead social events on behalf of Interlay
- Represent your region in the community and assist with identifying new ambassadors
- Collaborate with other ambassador networks within the (Polkadot/Kusama) DeFi ecosystem
- Mentor new ambassadors and apprentices into the program
Please note: the ambassador program is non-profit and there are no promises of tokens of financial reimbursement.
What’s in it for you?
- Status: official title, badge and recognition on Interlay’s channels
- Access: to the ambassador channel and participation with core Interlay team
- Exclusive: events participation and exclusive invitations to Interlay strategy calls
- Bounties & Challenges: access to earning opportunities like bounties and meetup organizing grants
- Swag: be first to get the latest and greatest exclusive branded items
- Network: friendships and team building all around the world
Interested? Join our mission, now!
To become an official ambassador, you must submit an application with your CV and tell us why you want to join Interlay’s mission.
The first batch of ambassadors will be carefully selected from our early community, experienced ambassadors, and new but passionate community members.
To earn your official ambassador badge, we will ask you to join (a) two official calls, and (b) fulfill two community tasks, reviewed and approved by the Interlay team / by existing ambassadors.
We will also ask you to choose your focus: moderation, translation, content creation, developers (you can of course change later on).
Stay tuned for more information on interBTC:
- Twitter: @interlayHQ and @interBTC
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/KgCYK3MKSf
- Telegram: https://t.me/interlay_community
- Or join our mailing list https://www.interlay.io/
Announcing the Interlay & interBTC Ambassador Program was originally published in Interlay on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.