Just like the software stack, every complete decentralized ecosystem needs each component to play an integral role spanning all areas including DeFi, Privacy, DAO, IPFS, DEX, Bridge etc
Let's deep dive into $DOT Tech Stack and explore from layer 0 (Relaychain)to layer 2 (dApps)
1. Acala Network is the All-in-one DeFi Hub of Polkadot, which aims to make DeFi more accessible than ever. Until now, their team has developed the features including DEX, Lending, Borrowing, Bridges, Staking, etc. You can experience them at: http://apps.acala.network.
2. Plasm Network is a scalable smart contract platform on Polkadot supporting cutting edge layer 2 solutions. It is built on Substrate & designed to be a Parachain. Plasm aims to make ETH 2.0 on Polkadot.
KwikSwap Protocol is the first multi-chain DEX on Plasm.
3. Moonbeam Network is an ETH-compatible smart contract parachain on Polkadot, which allows developers to deploy existing Solidity smart contracts & DApp frontends to Moonbeam with minimal changes. See the projects built on Moonbeam below.
4. Clover Finance is a Foundational Layer for Crosschain Compatibility. Clover Wallet is an open-source multi-asset wallet, which interacts with crosschain DeFi applications without needing to switch between networks in an all-in-1 streamlined interface.
5. Edgeware is a smart contract chain with a community-managed treasury, decentralized proposal system, and network of DAOs. dTrade (Edgeware's most advanced Defi platform) is a decentralized perpetual and options trading powered by Substrate.
6. Kilt Protocol is a blockchain protocol for issuing self-sovereign, anonymous, verifiable credentials. As a blockchain for digital identity, KILT built apps called SocialKYC - A decentralized identity verification service.
7. Polkaswap (built on Sora Network) is a liquidity aggregator cross-chain DEX protocol, designed uniquely for the Polkadot and Kusama network and a bridge to Ethereum. Polkaswap is considered as a surpassed version of Uniswap on Polkadot.
8. Equilibrium is a decentralized cross-chain money market protocol. Users can lend out assets & earn interest; provide liquidity & earn a yield on it; borrow assets for trading, leveraging, hedging, using collateral& paying interest; exchange crypto assets & trade on margin.
9. Subsocial is an open protocol for social finance on Polkadot and IPFS. Subsocial will help you create your own decentralized version of the popular sites such as: Medium, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, Discourse, Patreon, OnlyFans and more.
10. Manta Network is the plug-and-play privacy-preservation protocol built to service the entire DeFi stack. As their first product, MantaPay aims to enable the decentralized anonymous payment with bring-your-own-token (BYOT) private payment model.
11. Unique Network is a NFT chain for Kusama & Polkadot. Unique Network has two products: NFT Wallet and NFT Marketplace, both of which aim to provide their users with a feature-rich and flexible configuration experience at low to low-cost prices.
12. SubDAO Network is a Cross-chain Platform to link DAO & DApp on Polkadot. SubDAO Chrome Extension is one of their products supporting every Substrate-based chain and providing features such as Polkadot Wallet, Social Network Message, & DAO Management.
13. Centrifuge - The 1st protocol to connect DeFi to the real-world. Tinlake is the 1st Dapp built on Centrifuge . It is an asset-backed lending app allowing users to access financing using DeFi. Tinlake has officially hit over $15M TVL.
14. Bifrost Finance is a parachain designed for staking's liquidity. vToken is a Substrate-based general-purpose asset minted by users through its network using staking assets. vToken represents the ownership & reward right of the original staking assets.
15. zCloak Network provides Zero-Knowledge Proof as a Service based on the Polkadot Network. It enables a new computation paradigm called the Cloaking Space, which provides a private and scalable computation environment for Web 3.0.
16. Bit.Country is a decentralized world allowing anyone to create communities & economics. The dApp lets users to socialize in a classical web view & a 3D in-browser view of the country or block. The decentralized marketplace enables to trade users' digital assets with others.
17. Phala Network is a Confidential Smart Contract Network aiming to build a platform for general-purpose privacy-preserving Turing-Complete smart contracts. Web3 Analytics (the Black Box of Data Analysis) & pDiem (A bridge Diem-DOT) are Phala's products.
18. Crust Network provides a decentralized storage network of Web3. Decentralized Storage Market is an app layer protocol. With DSM, nodes can serve as storage merchants to obtain storage market income & storage users can use decentralized storage services.
19. MathChain is the Layer 2 blockchain based on Substrate. With the 1M+ MathWallet users, it's focusing on smart wallet, massive adoption, go-to-market, & inclusive blockchain applications & will be a decentralized permissionless parachain powered L2.
20. ChainX is committed to L2 expansion & asset gateway research of Bitcoin. Its Asset Gateway, the 1st project developed on Substrate, works as the asset transfer hub for the Polkadot, connecting assets outside DOT via inter-chain messaging protocol.
Souce: Twitter PolkaWarriors