Milestone | Khala — Ethereum Bridge Launched Officially
Khala Network is progressing to the next stage: on October 14th, Khala Network officially approved the Proposal which enables Khala-Ethereum Bridge on Khala.
Note: This transaction will charge an additional 375 PHA bridge fee to cover the Ethereum gas fee (up to 120 GWei price). The transaction may take some time ranged from a few seconds to a few hours, depending on if the Ethereum blockchain is congested. In the case of congestion, it may be necessary to wait for more than 24h.
Khala — Ethereum Bridge Tutorials
I. Desktop Browser
To use the Khala- Ethereum Bridge, please ensure your explorer is Chrome or Firefox and that Polkadot.js is installed. (Metamask wallet also works, but is not required.)
1. Visit https://app.phala.network/bridge/
2. Connect to Khala account by using Polkadot.js
3. Fill in the cross-chain assets transfer information:
- choose your source Khala account
- choose your Ethereum deposit address
4. Fill in the amount of K-PHA that you want to transfer from Khala
5. If it’s the first time you are transferring your PHA assets, you may need to click on “Approve” button and sign with Polkadot.js to confirm
6. Then confirm and click the “Next” button. Double-check your accounts and figures and then click ”Submit” in the pop-up window, sign in with Polkadot.js, and submit your cross-chain asset transaction!
7. You can check the sending details on the block explorer (Subscan and Etherscan) when your transaction is sent.
II. Mobile Wallet
1. Log into the DApp wallet (TokenPocket/imToken/MathWallet/,etc.) and paste https://app.phala.network/bridge/ in the search bar(Note: please ensure you connect your Khala wallet to MathWallet or TokenPocket)
2. Follow the Desktop Browser steps from 3 to 7
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable but not wasteful. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala to enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.
Milestone | Khala — Ethereum Bridge Launched Officially was originally published in Phala Network on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.