Milestone | Khala Secure Workers System Officially Launched. Let’s Build Web3.0 Cloud Universe Together!
On this special day of September 18, at Block height 414189, Phala’s canary network Khala launched Khala Secure Workers system officially. Workers can obtain Khala rewards by registering and working online. At the same time, all users can use the decentralized application Phala App to join StakePools to begin staking and participate in the distribution of income to the set of miners associated with the StakePools.
- Ensure your Khala node is synced and finalized completely
2. For network problems with node sync, we’ve incorporated community/partner experience in the peer connectivity FAQ
- If you did not sync your Khala node in advance or if you encounter internet problems during sync, please download a block snapshot to accelerate the sync:
- If you are Solo mining, please ensure your mining scripts have been updated to the latest as instructed in the updated FAQ
3. If you participate in Khala mining through the Phala Runtime Bridge, please ensure your PRB has been updated to the latest version
4. Please ensure there are enough PHAs in your StakePool for staking. Think carefully and thoroughly before setting the commission rate and Pool cap, which will impact your income and rewards distribution directly
5. Please ensure you have a few PHA as GAS FEE in each of your Worker addresses (and retain each mnemonic phrase) safe:
II. New Function: One Shot Transfer
In order to better facilitate our users to deploy Workers and decrease their’s Gas fees, the Council has come up with a special one-time transfer function called One Shot Transfer along with Khala’s latest runtime upgrade.
Before Khala officially opening the transfer function, each account address has only ONE chance to transfer and to receive tokens to/from multiple addresses.
For example, if address a uses one shot and transfers tokens to b, c, d, then none of the four addresses can use this function again.
After Khala opens the official transfer function, One Shot Transfer will be disabled. All of the addresses will be back to normal use.
- You cannot use One Shot Transfer function more than one time with the same sending or receiving address. So please use this function carefully. However, if the transfer fails (i.e. insufficient tokens) then the function won’t be disabled.
- One Shot Transfer will activate along with the Claim function of Khala Crowdloan rewards, which means the Khala Crowdloan rewards can be used to distribute Gas fees to your worker
- This function is not available for Khala’s $PHA transactions through the Exchanges. We do not suggest the Exchanges to distribute tokens using this function because it’ll disable user addresses for a short period of time. One Shot Transfer ONLY applies to the distribution of Gas Fee during Secure Worker Mining.
- After Khala opens the official transfer function, One Shot Transfer will be disabled. All of the addresses will be back to normal use.
III. Important Tool: StakePool
In mid-August, the Phala team conducted a detailed interpretation of the Secure Worker Mining delegation mechanism, which is now live. You can enter Phala Network’s delegation page to begin your delegation.
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable but not wasteful. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala to enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.
Milestone | Khala Secure Workers system officially Launch, Build Web3.0 Cloud Universe Together! was originally published in Phala Network on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.