Calamari’s Bento Box event will be on Miso from September 22 to September 27.
+ + =
Since announcing Calamari Network, Manta Network’s canary network on Kusama, we have received strong support from the community in our efforts to expand our support for bringing privacy to the entire blockchain ecosystem. In our recent journey to secure a parachain slot, a record-breaking 16,000 wallet addresses supported the Calamari crowdloan. Those wallet addresses will all receive Calamari tokens as rewards.
Through our fair-launch token design, where no tokens are reserved for the team or investors, we have been able to design a token economics layout that prioritizes the community. While the support from within the Polkadot and Kusama communities has been overwhelming, we have also seen support coming from beyond those ecosystems. In response, we will be bringing Calamari tokens to the Ethereum network as well.
We are proud to announce that the ERC-20 KMA token will combine Calamari’s PriFi (privacy finance) capability with the flexibility of ERC-20 tokens. We are launching our Bento Box Event on SushiSwap’s Miso. With this event, we will be growing our community beyond the 16,000 supporters and 3,000 ambassadors — to tens of millions of Ethereum community members. By doing this, we will be:
- Expanding our ecosystem to bring in users from outside of the Polkadot and Kusama communities;
- Bridging access to DeFi activities happening on Ethereum;
- Beginning support to bridged assets from Ethereum;
Calamari, Manta Network’s canary-net (the canary-net is an early, highly experimental version of Manta Network, where all new features will be released and tested first), is the plug-and-play privacy-preservation parachain built to service the Kusama DeFi world. It combines Kusama and zkSNARKs to bring on-chain privacy to transactions and swaps. As part of its own suite of products, Calamari Network offers MariPay, its token-agnostic private payment service, and MariSwap, its private AMM-based DEX.
KMA is the first community-driven deflationary utility token where rebate rewards, redeem, and token burns are generated from actual privacy-preserving network usage and growth in Privacy DeFi. The Initial Distribution of KMA is up to 10 billion tokens.
The Calamari token ($KMA) is a utility token that rewards the token holders with a rebate and redeem mechanism on the MariPay and MariSwap usage fees. $KMA has both burn function and rebate function. Moreover, $KMA also has a governance function and extended functions.
- 5% of KMA’s total supply will be distributed on Miso in an effort to promote wider use of Calamari Network. KMA will be supported by products on Ethereum like Metamask while holders can participate in DeFi activities. KMA on ERC20 will begin trading following the Bento Box event; KMA on Kusama will begin trading after the token transfer is enabled on the parachain, which we anticipate will begin in Q4 2021. After the token transfer is enabled on the parachain, users will be able to bridge between Ethereum and the parachain.
- 20% KMA will be reserved for liquidity mining, bridges, staking, and airdrops to early community members. The KMA token release will be adjusted by the liquidity for 4 years total to provide liquidity mining and staking. After Calamari mainnet launch, this part of KMA tokens can also be used as private mining incentives for Ethereum and Kusama users who participate in Calamari’s privacy payment and trading. Calamari will partner with Meter, allowing users to make transactions from Web3.0 wallets including Metamask to Polkadot.js through cross-chain bridges. The partnership can also guarantee KMA liquidity on both Ethereum and Kusama. Meter is a high-performance infrastructure that allows smart contracts to scale and travel seamlessly through heterogeneous blockchain networks. A portion of KMA tokens will be allocated for airdrops to testnet participants and ambassadors who contributed to the Calamari PLO.
- After token distribution and transaction are granted, KMA reserved for PLO rewards, which is up to 30% of the total supply, will be distributed to Calamari Crowdloan participants. The unallocated portion of rewards will be reserved in the treasury for future parachain auctions or liquidity providers.
- 15% KMA will be reserved for development funds to support network adoption, grants programs, and ecosystem development on the Calamari network, which will be determined by the on-chain governance.
- As Manta’s canary network, 20% of the Calamari token will be distributed to Manta holders. The distribution will begin after Manta’s parachain launches, and the distribution process lasts for two years. Manta holders can stake MA to get KMA token.
- 10% KMA will be reserved in the treasury for future Kusama parachain slots.
Bento Box Event! + + = Batch Auction on MISO (Sep 22nd, 1PM UTC)
Calamari and Sushi are perfect partners and share the same visions, including an emphasis on community, governance, privacy, and new products benefiting the DeFi world. Based on those common visions, Calamari will launch its Bento Box Event on MISO, Sushi’s token launchpad.
The Bento Box Event will take the form of a Batch Sale and last for 5 days. The KMA/USDC pool will be launched on SushiSwap. In our Batch Mode, the distribution of the “Bento Box Event ” Token Allocation will be proportional to each participant’s contribution to the total pool of USDC raised. For example, if 10,000,000 USDC is raised, then each USDC deposited receives 50 KMA. We believe the Bento Box Event will offer an equal opportunity for all interested Calamari and Manta Network community members.
The content contained in this website does not constitute an offer or sale of securities in or into the United States, or to or for the account or benefit of U.S. persons, or in any other jurisdictions where it is unlawful to do so.
Transfer of KMA tokens may be subject to legal restrictions under applicable laws. Under no circumstances shall KMA tokens be reoffered, resold or transferred within the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of, U.S. persons, except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended. Any public offering of the KMA tokens to be made in the United States will be made by means of a prospectus that may be obtained from the issuer or the selling token holder and that will contain detailed information about the company and management, as well as financial statements.
About Calamari Network
Calamari Network is the official canary network of Manta Network, the privacy protocol built for the DeFi stack. Deployed on Kusama, Calamari will service private transacting and private swapping for all parachain assets on Kusama, including KSM.