On April 9, Subsocial Network participated in the AMA of PolkaWarriors community to introduce their project as well as answer questions from the community about decentralized social networking solutions.
SubSocial is an open platform for decentralized social networks and marketplaces. It's censorship-resistant and has built-in monetization methods. Subsocial will help you create your own decentralized version of the popular websites they see today, such as Medium, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, Discourse, Patreon, OnlyFans, and more.
The AMA session was held in PolkaWarriors' Telegram, with the participation of Alex Siman - Founder Subsocial Network. Many interesting questions about the project's roadmap, progress and unique upcoming products were answered by Alex. In general, the AMA session was a success.
Below is the recap of the AMA session.
1. Collaborations and partnerships are some of the most important cornerstones to help improve adoption. So with Your Project which partners will promote and help you reach and achieve the project's goals
In terms of technical partnerships we are looking into integrations with such projects as Acala (stable coin), Litentry / Kilt (decentralized identities), Crust (decentralized storage on IPFS), Phala / Moonbeam / Plasm (smart contracts) and more.
2. Successful projects are the result of an experienced team ,the project will not develop without being managed by an experienced team,whatever it is good. So, how about Subsocial? Does your team have good experience in the cryptocurrency world?
Yes, Subsocial team is founded by Alex Siman - a senior software engineer with more than 18 years of experience in software development. He started programming in Solidity language in 2017, then in early 2019 he started developing blockchain on top of Substrate blockchain framework.
On top of that we have the world-class advisors that work(ed) at Parity and Web3 Foundation - organizations that are developing and promoting Polkadot and Kusama. Please visit out website to see the full list of our advisors: https://subsocial.network
3. There are many very successful blockchain projects with the same ideas as Your project, so can you tell us the difference between Your project & those projects? Do you feel confident that Your project will have some outstanding features compared to those projects to attract users?
We are building a fast decentralized protocol optimized for social networking with built-in finance primitives on top of an upgradeable blockchain framework called Substrate. Anyone can create their own virtual social network on top of Subsocial. We will try all our best to make this experience as smooth as possible.
This means that Subsocial is a multiverse of decentralized social networks with shared networking effects. There are no other projects that support this. This is a big deal for humanity, because it opens endless opportunities for community creators.
4. While browsing your website I found that, There isn’t much information about #SubSocial on the website, so I would like to know about the development of the project. Can you share with us the most important goals you plan to accomplish this year?
Actually we have a lot of info about Subsocial on its landing page including the road map. Please find it by this link: https://subsocial.network
The roadmap for this year looks like this:
- Deliver the second technical grant to Web3 Foundation.
- Improve performance of the web app.
- Allow to create public spaces.
- Automated token faucet based on email confirmation.
- Prepare a Subsocial Node for Rococo parachain testnet.
- Add support for GraphQL on the backend using Joystream Hydra.
- Telegram bot.
- Upgrade the node to Substrate v3.
- Private sale.
- Public sale (IDO).
- Tipping (a blockchain module)
- Feeless transactions (a blockchain module)
- Create posts as NFTs.
- Allow spaces to issue that social tokens.
- Audit the code of Subsocial Node.
- Mainnet launch.
- Become a parachain on Kusama.
- Develop a cross-platform mobile app.
5. What inspired you to create such a social media app when there have already been several big and successful ones such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.? Why should people switch to using yours?
Existing social networks act as monopolies that monetize on top of our digital identities not paying us for this a cent. Some of existing platforms allow creators to monetize their followers, but even they take a reasonable cut of payments (from subscriber to creator): from 5% to 12%. This is ridiculous to have such big cuts of transactions in 2021.
Web 2.0 platforms does not allow community to deploy their custom monetization models. Think social smart contracts. We are going to add support for perfromant smart contracts on Subsocial - this will allow communities to create their own unique monetization models relevant to the needs of their community, not to the shareholder of Big corporation.
6. I'm going to ask you a simple question, will your project have the same censorship as Facebook or Twitter?
There is no global censorship on Subsocial as we have on web2.0 social platforms. We see it differently: each community (a space on Subsocial) should be able to moderate their own members and their content. Somewhat similar to subreddit moderation, but a flavor of decentralization. Think every community is a DAO on Subsocial. Plus each community can run on their own website and its up to them that they want or don't want to display. Not by a Big corporation. per community moderation could be defined by such things as cultural or legal aspects of their members, etc.
In the live questions sections, Alex did answer several short questions from the Polka Warriors community.
1. I am an EXPERIENCED DEVELOPER AND ETHICAL HACKER, do you have plans for HACKATHON so as to check the security of your ecosystem periodically and also invite developers to build?
Nice, we are planning to organize hackathons for Subsocial. We would like to see people creating new decentralized social networks on top of Subsocial protocol.
2. NFT is very hot trend now, do you pretend to catch up with this trend or still follow and focus your original roadmap? create values, not create TREND !
Yes, NFT is a very good fit into Subsocial, once added, all NFTs will have comments, likes and other social features out of the box on Subsocial.
3. During the 2020 I got scammed a few times, rugs, exit scams etc. - how can we investors be sure that this will not be similar, are your contracts public & somewhere to be seen?
Subsocial is already a WORKING chain, a beta mode with its own unique dapp on top of it. So it is ALREADY a working product that people use. Our mission is just to improve it and make it better. So in a worst case scenario, today's version of Subsocial is already not a scam. Impossible
4. As a community driven project and me a developer am interested in contributing to the project, do you have such programs?
We don't have an exact developer program yet, but please write to us in our English chat, so we can discuss it with you.
5. As you know Covid-19 has a large impact in the crypto Market, So How can your company maintain its project and also the team that are working hard during this pandemic?
We are a distributed team that works remote for a few years already. We know how to work remotely and deliver quality product. This is how Subsocial has been developed.